The Basel Peace Office runs a number of programs for advancing international peace and security through nuclear abolition. Most of these are joint programs of the partner organisations.
The programs include:
- Climate-Nuclear Nexus - Highlighting the links between climate change and nuclear weapons to forge solutions to these two principal threats to human survival.
- Engaging Legislators - Building political momentum and cross-party action by parliamentarians and mayors for the achievement of a nuclear-weapons-free world.
- Framework Forum - Working with governments to build the legal, political, technical and institutional mechanisms to eliminate nuclear weapons globally under effective international control.
- Nuclear Abolition Forum - Exploring the academic and policy initiatives to achieve security without nuclear weapons.
- Sports and Peace - Using sport to reach across political divides, reinforce our common humanity and create the conditions for a secure and peaceful nuclear-weapons-free world.
- Nuclear Weapon Free Zones - Advancing regional cooperative security mechanisms as alternatives to nuclear deterrence.
- Humanitarian consequences and the law - Highlighting the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of nuclear weapons and their incompatibility with internatinal law as an imperative to achieve nuclear abolition.