Saturday November 17. 10:00 – 12:30
University of Basel, Hörsaal Room 115 (Cafeteria Block)
With special guest Karipbek Kuyukov (Kazakhstan), a second generation victim of Soviet nuclear tests, armless painter and Honorary Ambassador of the ATOM Project (Abolish Tests: Our Mission), and introducing Universal Models for Peace – advancing UN Millennium Development Goals through fashion, lifestyle, media and social networks.
Featuring: The Atom Project Short Film
Chair: Andreas Nidecker – President of the Basel Peace Office
Keynote: Kanat Saudabayev, Director of the Nazarbayev Centre, former Kazakhstan Secretary of State
- Alyn Ware – PNND Global Coordinator, Right Livelihood Award Laureate (New Zealand)
- Reto Wollenmann - Deputy Head of the Task Force on Nuclear Disarmament and Nonproliferation, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (Switzerland)
- Rob van Riet – World Future Council, Nuclear Abolition Forum (United Kingdom)
- Jean-Marie Collin – Defence analyst, PNND Coordinator (France)
- Sara Hirsch, Elin Ledskog, Courtenay Hejl, & Michael W. Paul – Universal Models for Peace (Sweden, USA)
- Martin Hinrichs and Christian Ciobanu - Ban All Nukes Generation (Switzerland & Germany)
- Benjamin Brockhaus, Anna-Lena Edelhoff, Jonas Rohloff and Svenja Quitsch - Youth Future Project
The Basel Peace Office is a joint initiative of the Canton of Basel, University of Basel Sociology Seminary, Parliamentarians for Nuclear Nonproliferation
and Disarmament, Global Security Institute, Middle Powers Initiative, World Future Council, IPPNW Switzerland and Swiss Peace Foundation.
Contact: Alyn Ware, Basel Peace Office. Phone +41 612 673-460 Mobile: +41 788 912-156. email@example.com